Thank you for using Hyre.
Your privacy is very important to us and we take the responsibility of protecting your information very seriously. We wrote this Policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have when using our website (https://www.hyreapp.co.uk/) and our mobile app (collectively, “Hyre“). Hyre offers bookkeeping services (“Service“) that aims to make finances accessible, simple and easy to understand. We use your personal data to provide you with the Service and we explain this in more detail below.
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- Legal basis for processing in the EU
- Marketing messages
- Service messages
- International Transfers of your Personal Data
- Keeping your information
- Your rights
- Links to third party sites
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Changes to how we protect your privacy
- Contact us
Publication date: May 3, 2021
When we refer to Hyre, “we” or “us” in this Policy, we are referring to Hyre itself together with, as applicable, the Hyre Products. The Policy will address how Hyre uses, transfers and stores the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Legislation) we collect about individuals (“Users“) when they access our websites at the following domains: hyreapp.co.uk, use any of Hyre’s mobile and tablet applications (the “Apps“) or use any of our Services or products, including via the Site (collectively, the “Hyre Products“), or otherwise have their personal data submitted to us.
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways – what we do depends on the information.
- Information provided when Users sign up on Hyre. When Users register for a subscription through the App via Apple’s in-app-purchases (or update any information previously given to us), we collect personal details which can include: names, postal addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, usernames, passwords and demographic information (for example, a User’s occupation).
- Contact information and basic personal details such as your e-mail address. We collect this to provide you with Hyre. For example, we’ll use this information to verify your login details and to keep you up to date by sending you information about Hyre (with your permission).
- Bank information such as your bank name, account number, sort code. We will add this information to any invoices you generate.
- Invoice data such as a the sessions you have worked, amounts, recipient contact details including first name, last name, medical practice name, medical practice address as well as expense data. We’ve got to collect this to perform our contract with you, in particular, to allow invoices to be sent to your clients and to allow you to keep track of expenses for storage and for tax filing purposes.
- Location: When you use Hyre, we and our third party providers (such as Mixpanel, Intercom and Mandrill) may collect location data on your device (such as WiFi, wireless network triangulation or other methods). We may also approximate your location based on your IP address. We do this for our own market research and analysis as well as developing statistics. For example, we analyse the geographical distribution of our users.
- Information about how you access and use Hyre including, for example, how frequently you access Hyre, the time you access Hyre and how long you use Hyre , and other actions you take on Hyre. We use this information to monitor and improve Hyre and our business, to help us develop new products and services, to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you, to deliver relevant advertising to you (with your consent, where relevant) and to administer Hyre for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
You don’t have to give us any of this personal data but if you don’t, you may not be able to use Hyre, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal data (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services. We may also share this anonymised information with third parties.
How we share your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or financial information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide Hyre to you, as set out in this statement:
- Your clients: We will share your personal data with your clients to allow invoices to be sent to them.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business such as 1&1, Zendesk, Hubspot, Inapptics, Facebook and Google.
- Other third parties: We’ll share your personal data with third parties you have indicated that you would like to share such data with, including, for example, your accountant for tax filing purposes.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: If we need to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcements.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
Legal basis for processing in the EU
If you are a resident in the EU, we need to tell you the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information. Please note that we will use the following such legal basis:
- processing your personal data is necessary for the performance of any contractual relationship we have with you;
- where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations laid down by EU law; or
- where in our legitimate interests provided these are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms (this includes our own legitimate interests and those of other entities and branches in our group of companies) for the following purposes: (i) to contact you and respond to your requests and enquiries; (ii) for business administration, including statistical analysis; (iii) to personalise your visit to Hyre; and (iv) for fraud prevention and detection and to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practices.
If you said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages. Most messages we send will be by email. For some messages, we may use personal data we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant information to share with you. If you do not want to receive such messages from us, you will be able to tell us when we first collect your contact details. You can change your marketing preferences anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
If we need to provide you with information about something, whether for legal, marketing or other business related purposes, we will select what we believe is the best way to get in contact with you. We will usually do this through email or by placing a notice on Hyre. The fact that we may send notices to you will not stop you from being able to opt out of certain types of contact as described in this Policy.
The security of your personal data is important to us. However, please be aware that there are inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and we cannot therefore 100% guarantee the security of any data disclosed to Hyre. We ask that you do not provide us with any sensitive or special categories of personal data such as health data via Hyre unless we specifically ask for it to be provided.
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal data we collect will be stored on secure servers. All electronic transaction entered into via Hyre will be protected by SSL encryption technology. In addition, the security of our systems is regularly tested by external third parties.
Where you register for an account on Hyre, you are responsible for maintaining your account’s security.
International Transfers of your Personal Data
All the Personal Information Hyre stores about its Users is stored on servers based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) by our cloud provider. If the location of our servers changes in the future, we will update this Policy. The personal data we collect via Hyre may be transferred to, and processed and stored in, countries outside of the jurisdiction you are in where we and our third party service providers have operations. If you are located in the EEA, your personal data may be processed outside of the EEA, including, for example, in the United States; these international transfers of your personal data are made (i) to a country or territory ensuring an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data as determined by the European Commission, or (ii) to a the third party that is a member of a compliance scheme recognised as offering adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects as determined by the European Commission, or (iii) pursuant to appropriate safeguards, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses (processors) approved by European Commission Decision C(2010)593 or any subsequent version thereof released by the European Commission or the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. If you wish to enquire further about these safeguards used, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this Policy.
Keeping your information
We retain your personal data indefinitely as we are legally required to do so by the HMRC. However, if you ask us to delete your personal data in line with your rights below, we will remove your personal data from our systems within 30 days of your request.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about how your personal data is being used
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the marketing messages
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are pieces of code that allow for personalisation of Hyre experience by saving your information such as user ID and other preferences. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your device’s hard disk (such as your computer or smartphone) for record-keeping purposes.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of Hyre such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Hyre when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way Hyre works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Hyre. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
Although we do our best to honour your privacy preferences, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by means of a prominent notice on Hyre prior to the change becoming effective.
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better). If you:
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we would be happy to answer any questions you may have.